EXPERIENCE THE JUNCTION CONTEST
BentallGreenOak (Canada) GP Ltd. (“BGO” or “Sponsor”)
Official Contest Rules
1. Sponsor. Experience The Junction Contest (“Contest”) is sponsored by BGO, 1 York Street, Suite 1100, Toronto, ON M5J 0B6.
2. Eligibility. All persons (explicitly excluding any occupants or applicants of new leases in respect of the ten (10) affordable housing suites) who are signing up as new leaseholders, as well as existing leaseholders of a unit at 299 Campbell Avenue, Toronto, Ontario in good standing on or before September 30, 2023 (“Leaseholders” or “entrants”), are eligible (and, in case of existing leaseholders, automatically eligible) to enter. This Contest is open to legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who are the age of majority in the province or territory of residence at time of entry. Employees of the Sponsor, its parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, departments or agencies, franchisees, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, contest administrators, and any other parties engaged in the development, production, or distribution of Contest materials, and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter. By participating in this Contest, entrants, acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules. Entrants who do not comply with any of the Contest Rules are subject to disqualification by the Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
3. Contest Dates and Times. The Contest begins on June 1, 2023 at 9:00a.m. EST. The Contest ends on the earlier of the date on which 200 entries are submitted or September 30, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. EST (“Experience The Junction Contest End Date”), after which times the Contest will be closed and no further entries will be accepted.
4. How to Enter. Entrants can enter by requesting an online leasing application on our website, or by contacting BGO by phone (437-900-2939), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or contact form (www.rentthecampbell.com/contact), and by submitting an Entry Form online by emailing the attached Entry Form to email@example.com. For this Contest, receipt of an internet entry occurs when Sponsor's server records the entry information. All entries must be complete and are subject to verification by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed or otherwise illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts, identities, or registrations, all in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating, and/or winning a prize. Entries that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular, or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Contest Rules are void. Entrants grant Sponsor a non-exclusive licence to use all entries for any purpose. No communication or correspondence (other than while registering) will be exchanged with the entrants or participants except with Selected Entrants (defined below). Proof of transmission (for example, screenshots or captures) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an entry.
5. Contest Prize. Enter for a chance to win the following prize:
(1) The value of the total prize is equal to Twenty-Eight Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($28,500.00) ($2,375.00 (one-bedroom) x 12). Twenty-Three Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($23,500.00) of the prize will be applied towards monthly rent (up to $1,958.33 per month for 12 months), plus Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000.00) in neighborhood gift cards. Alternatively, the Selected Entrant winner may also choose to opt and apply the full prize amount of Twenty-Eight Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($28,500.00), to be applied towards the monthly rent payments. The winners assume any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering, participating in this Contest or the use or redemption of the prize. The prizes or any portion of the prize cannot be combined with other discounts, promotions, or special offers, save and except for the One-Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00) discretionary move-in bonus to the Leaseholders, which may be revoked any time at the discretion of the Sponsor. The aforementioned move-in bonus, if applicable and confirmed in writing by the Sponsor, may be adjusted by the Sponsor, as rent credit to the Leaseholder, in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize is unavailable at the time of award. Rent credit is only valid while the entrant winner is a resident of The Campbell.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning the Experience The Junction prize depends on number of eligible entries received before contest closes, but are limited to a maximum of 200 entries.
7. Skill-Testing Question. Selected Entrants (defined below) will be required, as a condition of winning a prize, to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, the Sponsor’s time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by completing the question on the Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release provided to Selected Entrants.
8. Winner Selection and Confirmation.
a. Experience The Junction Prize draw date will take place two business days following the Experience The Junction Contest End Date (September 30, 2023) (the “Draw Date").
b. The draw will take place at 299 Campbell Avenue, Toronto, Ontario. The Sponsor, or an employee, agent or other representative of the Sponsor, will conduct a random draw from all eligible entries received before Experience the Junction Contest End Date and select the potential winners (“Selected Entrants”). Selected Entrants will be deemed winners if they meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules. If a Selected Entrant does not meet the eligibility criteria, they will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant will be selected by way of a random draw from the remaining eligible entries.
c. Before being declared a winner, Selected Entrants will be required to: (i) be a current Leaseholder in good standing; (ii) correctly answer the Sponsor’s skill-testing question; (iii) sign and return the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form (Winner Release); and (iv) comply with all other Contest Rules, all in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
d. Prizes must be accepted as described in these Contest Rules and may not be transferred to another person, substituted for another prize, or exchanged in full or in part for cash, subject to section 8e. below.
e. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute any prize or a component thereof with a prize of equal or greater retail value, including, without limitation, at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, a rent credit. By way of clarity, the Sponsor also reserves the sole and absolute right and discretion to amend or substitute the prize, in case the winning Leaseholder’s lease is set to expire shortly, following the Experience the Junction Contest End Date, and rent credit may not be the best option for such winning Leaseholder.
f. Selected Entrants will be notified within five (5) business days of the Draw Date and will be contacted by phone or email as provided at the time of entry into the Contest. Up to three (3) attempts will be made to contact Selected Entrants, within five (5) business days following the draw. The eligibility of a Selected Entrant that cannot be reached within this timeframe and who has not replied to an email notifying the Selected Entrant of their eligibility as a potential winner in order to confirm they meet the required eligibility, or a Selected Entrant who has not, does not or cannot accept a prize, may be forfeited and a new Selected Entrant will be selected by random draw, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
g. A signed copy of the Sponsor’s Winner Release must be received by the Sponsor no later than seven (7) days of notifying the Selected Entrant of their eligibility as a potential winner. Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a Selected Entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a Selected Entrant’s response.
h. Disputes regarding identity of entrant: If the identity of a Selected Entrant is disputed, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the individual assigned to the email address entered at the time of entry. Each Selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that they are the person associated with a selected entry.
9. Release and Indemnification. All winners must sign the Sponsor’s Winner Release to: (i) confirm compliance with all Contest Rules; (ii) agree to accept prizes as awarded; (iii) fully release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development, and execution of the Contest (“Released Parties”) from any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, harm, or any suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third-party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, or any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, guests or other third parties, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of prizes as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by entrants (or their parent(s) or legal guardian(s), as applicable) with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant (or their parent(s) or legal guardian(s), as applicable), use or misuse of a prize, or any travel related thereto. The Selected Entrants who are the winners of the prize(s) will look to the manufacturer, supplier or originator, as the case may be, of the prize and not to the Sponsor for any warranty or guarantee of the prize or for any damages arising out of the winning Selected Entrants’ acceptance or use of the prize.
The Sponsor is NOT responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information that may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries that fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Winner Releases; (iv) injury or damage to entrants’ (or their parent(s)' or legal guardian(s)' (as applicable) computers or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting a prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s (or their parent(s) or legal guardian(s), as applicable) participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any related travel and the use of entries by Sponsor; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third-party computer hackers or otherwise; (vii) any dispute or disagreement between or amongst the occupants or residents or any third-party and the Selected Entrant winner of the prize, where the relevant unit has more than one occupant or resident; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
10. Award of Experience The Junction Prize
Experience The Junction Prize shall be awarded to the Selected Entrant winner as expeditiously as reasonably possible by the Sponsor, however, the Selected Entrant winner acknowledges and agrees that the timing of exact delivery of the prize is not controlled or unknown to the Sponsor.
The Selected Entrant winners further acknowledge and agree that they are the only winners of the prize by virtue of being a Leaseholder as per the records of the Sponsor, and as such, the only one entitled to the prizes. Any dispute or disagreement that they may have with regards to sharing the prize with other occupants(s) or resident(s) or any other third-party is outside the scope of the contractual relationship that the Sponsor has with the Selected Entrant winner.
11. Other Conditions. The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice to entrants. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, the Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries received by Experience The Junction Contest End Date.
The Leaseholders/Selected Entrants grant to the Sponsor the unrestricted right, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, and further consent to the Sponsor producing, reproducing, publishing, broadcasting, communicating in any manner, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use their name, photograph, likeness and voice in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion thereof, if so required, without compensation, notice or other liability to them or their heirs, executors, administrators, personal representatives or assigns.
13. Law. The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal, and local laws, including but not limited to the Competition Act, R.S.C. 1985, c. C-34 and the Criminal Code, R.S.C. 1985, c. C-46. This Contest shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Contest rules, rights, and obligations between entrants and the Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Toronto, Ontario.
14. Rule Amendments. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these Contest Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Contest, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Contest. All decisions of the Sponsor or those of their representatives regarding this Contest are and will be final and binding.
15. Intellectual Property. All intellectual property, other than that related to Experience The Junction prize, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans, and representations, are owned by the Sponsor. All rights reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any of the Sponsor’s intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited.